travel theme: noise

the fontana de trevi is one of the most famous and beautiful fountains in the world. the sound of the flowing water must be refreshing and most calming only if not for the noise of people that literally swarm this iconic fountain.

taken during our visit in 2011, here’s my entry to ailsa’s travel theme: noise

trevi fountain, rome

trevi fountain, rome

This entry was posted in photo challenge, Travel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to travel theme: noise

Looking forward to seeing this next week!

Great choice, Lola! What a fantastic capture of this glorious place.

thanks, Amy! there was a sea of people during our daytime tour; we had to go back in the evening (smaller crowd) to truly appreciate the place. happy you like it! πŸ™‚

3. rommel says:

I love Trevi Fountain. But sometimes, I often why it’s so much popular and recognized than most of other equally beautiful fountains.

trevi fountain is more popular because it has appeared in several classic movies in addition to its interesting history. happy to see you here, Rommell! nakaka-galak! πŸ™‚
      thanks!

I can never decide if I would like Rome yet I’m positive I’d love Florence. I’ve never seen either but one day I must πŸ™‚ Even if only for the fountain.

5. jenny says:

Great entry – I loved seeing this fountain when I visited Rome. It’s so beautiful, but isn’t it sad that it is so eroded? I think it is wonderful that Fendi have taken on the restoration of it…although I’m sure all the tourists hoping for a picture as lovely as yours will be disappointed by the scaffolding and work in progress!

6. lolaWi says:

Thank you Jenny. This iconic fountain is truly in need if repair! Thanks for your visit and welcome!