five photos/five stories #3: windmill farm

thank you to Aletta of nowathome who invited me to take part in the five photos, five stories challenge.  here’s my entry for day #3.

approaching coachella valley along interstate 10 in southern california is the san gorgonio pass wind farm.  while driving, you can’t miss this striking sight of rows upon rows of wind turbines, standing tall from the desert floor against the san jacinto mountain ranges.  a good view of the farm can also be seen from atop the palm springs aerial tramway.

the windmills in the san gorgonio pass generate enough electricity to power the entire city of palm springs and other surrounding areas.

i took this picture during our drive to palm springs.  later i found out that there is a windmill farm tour available.  it would have been very interesting.

windmills, san jacinto mountains

windmills, san jacinto mountains

this challenge is quite simple: “post a photo each day for five consecutive days and attach a story to the photo. it can be fiction or non-fiction, a poem or a short paragraph and each day nominate another blogger for the challenge”.

for this week, i nominate Imelda of My Wall to join.  no obligation of course; only if you want. 🙂

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to five photos/five stories #3: windmill farm

…for the entire city, Wow! How efficient. Great photo and story, Lola! 🙂

Great story, Lori!

The windmills always intrigue me, I would love to see them in Europe!

oh Sue i would love to see the windmills in Amsterdam 🙂 they are a wonder. i would have loved to be on that wind farm tour in palm spirings. it must be really interesting. thank you! 🙂

Majestic, aren’t they? I’m always craning my neck at the plane window as we overfly them when I’m heading south 🙂

There’s also a windmill farm (literally it is in a farm) going to downstate Illinois. But they are so far apart, not like this one.

Very nice picture of the windmills…..