on the mend

lavender

lavender

i’ve been struck with a nasty upper respiratory infection that literally shut me down the past several days.  i had flu-like symptoms but i am a lot better now.  no more fever and body aches, thank God! i’m on the mend, though still with coughing bouts, low energy and little appetite.

aside from lots of fluids and a prescribed cough syrup with codeine, the french lavender essential oil came in very handy.  a drop to an unscented lotion for massage took my headaches away like magic and the soothing aroma kept me relaxed and calm.

here is our blooming lavender in a planter box just outside the main door. it is beautiful and a natural relaxant.  i can only imagine the breathtaking lavender fields in provence.  it must be a spectacular sight!

stay healthy everyone!

lavender

lavender

This entry was posted in Nature, Others. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to on the mend

So sorry to hear about your respiratory infection, Lola. Glad you know that the french lavender essential oil came in very handy. 🙂 This is a beautiful entry!

2. So glad to hear that you’re now on the mend, Lola. Those coughing bouts are so exhausting aren’t they? I’m also feeling much better. Love your lavender macro. 🙂

thank you so much, Sylvia! 🙂 i’m so glad that you’re feeling much better now. coughing really takes a lot of my energy. i love the macro, too 🙂

Get well so hopefully we see you this Saturday.

Hope you are feeling better soon. How lovely to have the lavender close by. I too would love to see the fields!

i’m much better now, Sue. 🙂 thank you so much. i’m really enjoying the lavender and other lovely plants. they’re really a booster, don’t you think? they make me smile 🙂

What a beautiful lavender plant. Certainly makes anyone’s day brighter. Get well and feel better soon. Being sick is always annoying but it will soon pass 🙂

thank you so much Mabel! glad you like the lavender plant, too! i hope to be back on my feet soon. like you say, this too, shall pass. 🙂

Glad that you will soon be up to par! Lovely lavender, I just love them, need to get some, lavender oil is just awesome, use it every nite to lull me to sleep. Did wonders for my migraine when I used to get them really bad!

7. Girl Gone Expat says:

Glad to hear you are feeling better! The lavender is beautiful, it is probably one of my favourites:)

If you plant the lavender on the ground, it will spread each year. It does not require a lot of water, too. 🙂