clematis gone wild

clematis 2015

clematis 2015

for the past few years, my purple clematis is really doing well.  vigorously weaving through the trellis yielding beautiful, healthy flowers.

this spring, it surprised us with more flowers but some of its vines found their way into an overgrown rose of sharon close by.  now we have a clematis studded rose of sharon on one side of the tree.

my entry to Cee’s foto challenge: purple

spring 2015

clematis 2015

This entry was posted in photo challenge and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to clematis gone wild

I would say your clematis is doing real well. Thanks for playing along in this challenge. 🙂

2. What a vigorous Clematis you have, Lola! So beautiful. 🙂

my clematis too is doing well, big dark purple flowers, have yet to see flowers with my blue clematis, the thornless climbing pink rose by the front porch is blooming, and the fragrance permeates the porch, just divine!

beautiful explosion of clematis!!

I love Clematis, but can’t grow in Texas. These are beautiful, Lola! 🙂

So beautiful Lola. I couldn’t grow this to save myself. I will blame our climate!

Such a gentle blue, LolaWi! I love clematis and we have several in our garden (but not this shade 🙂 )

That’s great. After its bloom it will be hidden by the blooming rose of Sharon.

lovely shots lolaWi. I love the color.

10. Girl Gone Expat says:

I get childhood memories coming back to me seeing the pictures. My mom had a purple clematis in her garden:) Very nice flowers!

11. Mine only has 1 flower, that’s the second year in a row. Lots of leaves and new stuff, but only one flower. 😦

JC this clematis had only 3 flowers for the season three years ago. i pruned it close to the ground. it’s been generously flowering since. thanks for visiting 🙂

12. prior says:

I love the title for this post lola – 🙂 – and I have a similar clematis – we used to have three – but only one left and it is very similar. one of the other ones I used to have – well it had a slightly larger bloom – which was even prettier when the petals fell – did you ever notice that some clematis have amazing leftovers – all spike like sometimes? anyhow, the one I have left I actually had to uproot – it had some weed growing right with it inside the roots and I was about to toss it and decided to pot it after I pulled the weed out. The thorny weed still comes back in that pot – and so i will not ever put it int he ground again, but if I keep an eye on it – the plant is still bringing some beauty = likes yours is – and whew – yours looks gorgeous on that ROS ❤

Pretty. Clematis are very pretty though they do need a lot of space for climbing.