t.g.i.f.

i’m very much looking forward to the weekend and plan it to be quiet and simple.  relax, unwind and get away from string of activities.  i’ll put my feet up, read and sleep a lot. barring no rain, hubby and i will spend some time at mallard.

my body has been through a lot lately.  fever, chills, aches.  sleepless nights and coughing bouts drained me out.  thank heavens all these are behind me now, except for intermittent cough spasms that are not as bad.  though not fully recovered, i’m getting there.  my energy level is higher and the appetite is slowly coming back.  thanks for the good wishes and positive thoughts; they truly mean a lot.

i feel like a little kid excited to see mallard lake again.  it’s probably all green by now.  it’ll be peaceful and quiet. i’ll watch the birds, enjoy sunset and maybe take some photographs.

how about you?  how’s your weekend going to be like?

here’s a bird at mallard in early spring

spring, mallard

spring, mallard

This entry was posted in Nature, solitude and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to t.g.i.f.

Get some rest and get caught up with yourself. Have a relaxing and wonderful weekend.

Happy to hear you got over with what you had… Enjoy a peaceful and relaxing weekend, Lola. I hope I’ll do the same. 🙂

3. hungrydaiDai says:

Hi Wilma. Happy Saint Anthony Festival. That’s what we’re having in Lisbon right now. We got the internet connected in the new flat today but I’ve over 500 messages and notifications to catch up up in my inbox. Ten days with no internet is much too long for me. Tomorrow I’ll be going in the evening to the narrow streets of Lapa and I’ll try to get some snaps and clips of the street dancing. Have a restful weekend, Wilma. Hugs from Dai

good to hear from you, Dai! glad you’ve finally moved in to your new flat. happy feast of st. anthony, too! have a wonderful weekend and enjoy Lapa. hugs back to you, Dai. cheers 🙂

• hungrydaiDai says:

I bet you’ve been very close to where I’m living now, Wilma. Lapa. Did you take the famous number 28 tram up to the National Assembly and Estrela Basilica ? Well I am near (5 minutes walk) from the National Assembly Building. It’s all ups and downs here and some of the climbs are killers.

I hope you have time to relax this weekend. I am fighting a sore throat right now, hoping it won’t turn into a full-blown cough or cold. I hate summer cold or cold anytime of year anyway. Happy weekend!

i plan of not doing anything but eat, read and sleep this weekend 🙂 take care and hope you feel better. not fun to get sick in the summer 🙂 have a wonderful weekend!

Have some time out, Lola! Take care!

Happy weekend to you.

Very nice to hear you are getting better and fighting through all of it. Take care and rest more. Wonderful silhouette bird photo. Relaxing is a good way to spend a weekend. As for me, I’m taking it fairly easy too, not doing too much 🙂

LolaWi, I hope you have a full recovery soon. 🙂

9. I hope you managed to rest and enjoy your peaceful weekend. Sometimes, it’s good to do nothing.

10. Lovely photo, Lola. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. 🙂 xx

Good to hear that you are up to par and back on the saddle. Enjoy the much deserved R&R. Mallard Lake is always a beautiful place to unwind….love the picture.