cee’s fun foto: more than 5 items

our company outing this summer was an afternoon at the arlington park, an international horse race track located in arlington heights, a suburb of chicago.  it was a gorgeous afternoon.  my co-workers brought their families and our little one had fun running around with the kids. we watched several races which was exciting and fun.  none of us were really into betting but two of my colleagues did for fun. one won seven bucks for a two-dollar bet.  not bad!

we all had a great time!

arlington international was the site of the first thoroughbred race with a million-dollar purse in 1981 – wikipedia

my entry to Cee’s fun foto challenge: more than 5 items

arlington race track

arlington race track

TJ watching the race.  can you spot him?

arlington race track

arlington race track

This entry was posted in photo challenge, Special Occasion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to cee’s fun foto: more than 5 items

Great idea for this week’s challenge. Thanks for playing.

Nice photos of the horses.

3. What a great idea for an outing! Yes, i can see TJ.:)

he’s just out there fascinated with the race 🙂 aside from the race track, it has a beautiful park for picnics and outings. we really had a great time esp. the little ones!

I have never been to a live horse race. It looks like a fun day and great captures of the action.

That looks like a fun afternoon. I haven’t been there for awhile.

Which one is TJ? I’ve been to some horse races when I was a kid. I even had a bet and won a little

It is always fun out there, I remember, years back, we used to hang around there and do some betting, actually won once! (with Minerva, Papa, Cocoy and Conway), those were the fun days!

The horses were beautiful, magnificent animals!!!