cee’s fun foto: teal or turquoise

my entry to cee’s fun foto: teal or turquoise is a unique flower taken at sonya’s garden during our visit in the philippines.  can someone please tell me its name?

sonya's garden, 2014

sonya’s garden, 2014

sonya's garden 2014

sonya’s garden 2014

turquoise is a blend of the color blue and the color green that has some of the same cool and calming attributes. it is associated with meanings of refreshing, feminine, calming, sophisticated, energy, wisdom, serenity, wholeness, creativity, emotional balance, good luck, spiritual grounding, friendship, love, joy, tranquility, patience, intuition, and loyalty. the name turquoise means “turkish stone” as it came to europe from turkey.

source: bourncreative

This entry was posted in photo challenge, Travel and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to cee’s fun foto: teal or turquoise

I have never seen this flower before, how beautiful, Lola. Wonderful to read about turquoise.

This comes in red also and saw it in Tagaytay also. Except I didn’t get the name.

3. Such a wonderful flower, Lola. Turquoise is one of my favourite colours. 🙂

This is such a beautiful flower, Lola. What a striking colour. Almost looks magical and fairy-like. Brilliant capture 🙂 Love the meaning behind the colour too.

It is such a beautiful flower, Lola! Incredible colour too!

Wow, that is a beautiful flower. I have never seen any like that, I am so glad you posted the photos 🙂

Beautiful flowers for this week’s challenge. 😀

Strongylodon macrobotrys, commonly known as jade vine, emerald vine or turquoise jade vine. They have plenty of this in Caleruega. It’s a native in our forests.

Gorgeous colour! And I just arrived in time to find out its name too 🙂

10. Inger says:

That is really an awesome colour! Don’t think I have ever seen ny flowers that turquoise before:)

11. Leya says:

I have never seen anything like it! Magical!

12. The color is amazing. Hard to believe it is real! Just beautiful!

OMG, what a spectacular looking turquoise flower! Love the color torqoise especially in jewelry!

14. GF-Chopstix says:

Such a beautiful flower and the colour is truly unique! I’ve never seen those before.