travel theme: grasses

grass, often taken for granted, can render the most glorious landscape.  here’s my favorite, taken one late summer during sunset at mallard lake!

my entry to Ailsa’s challenge this week

mallard lake

mallard lake

This entry was posted in Nature, photo challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to travel theme: grasses

1. Leya says:

Wonderful light in this picture! Beautiful grasses.

2. sweetpea2love says:

This photo takes my breath away in pure natural delight. Thank you for sharing with us such beauty.. Take care from Laura

You captured the beauty of the nature and tranquility of this place. Thank you so much for the post, Lola! 🙂

Wow, so beautiful, I can’t wait for the autumn colors 🙂

5. Beautiful colours in those grasses, Lola. Perfect pic for the theme. 🙂

You caught it at a perfect time – the golden hour which emphasized the natural color of the grasses. Awesome!

Such golden lighting in this one. Lovely.

what a beautiful zap of colour! 🙂

Another face of Mallard lake that I like. what a lovely capture lolaWi.

10. Wonderful color in a beautiful spot.

janet

What a stunning photo. I love the colour, Lola!

Greetings to you, Wilma. Nice picture above. We’ve no lakes here as far as I know but we do have views of the Rio Tagus, about two kilometres down from here. We get seagulls sometimes but they’re not so friendly usually.

hello, Dai! that is awesome to have a view of the Tagus! are you near Belem Tower which is on the banks of the river? i was there in 2006 and took quite a few pictures of the tower. cheers! 🙂

13. This is just beautiful! I love the colors and the water! A calm and serene photo!

Wow, amazing shot of the golden grasses! nicely reflected on the lake!