shorter days

gone are the bright and sunny mornings when the sun is up long before i get to the train depot.  i hop on the train knowing that when i get back from work in the afternoon, the sun will still be out with plenty of time to enjoy the outdoors.  well, that was summer when days are much longer.  now, ahead of us are shorter days and cooler temperatures, too.

hello autumn!

did you see the ‘super blood moon’ eclipse over the weekend?  we were out sunday night along with our little big guy and marveled at this amazing astronomical phenomenon.  here’s a hazy shot from our vantage point.

blood moon - 9/27/15

blood moon – 9/27/15

This entry was posted in Nature and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to shorter days

It was cloudy so we did not get to see the moon. I am glad that you got to enjoy the view.

2. Wow, that’s a great photo! It seems so dark when i wake up these days.

Great capture, Lola! So red!! Thank you for sharing. 🙂

4. Cool! We saw it through binoculars and (later) I saw the most magnificent shooting star!

Great capture Lola. We had quite a bit of cloud. Yes the days grow short don’t they?

6. pommepal says:

Down under we didn’t get to see this blood moon, so thanks for sharing it. As you approach autumn and winter we are going into summer.

I’m making the most of every sunlit minute I can find, LolaWi! 🙂 Lovely moon shot!

Nice try. I went to bed because I kept thinking of the many obstructions from the back porch – trees, roofs

I saw this too, but my photo’s are not good at all!

Yes, not so much light in the mornings now but I still love the morning calm before dawn. I didn’t see the moon, Wilma, because I was too lazy to walk outside.

Baligtad pala ano? dito mas mahaba ang gabi when Advent nears.