short walk

yesterday, hubby and I went for an afternoon walk at mallard lake.  short and easy, just to unwind, embracing the beauty of fall.

mallard lake is always welcoming, soothing the spirit with nature’s beauty.  it was utterly peaceful, a bit breezy but overall just gorgeous.  the lake was calm and it shimmered at sunset. i took some photographs as the birds tweeted their evening calls.  we lingered ‘til dusk and drove away relaxed and grateful.

This entry was posted in Nature and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to short walk

What a beautiful place. I love the colors in your photos.

A beautiful park, Lola. So glad to see these pretty flowers. The sunset view is awesome! Great captures.

3. Such a beautiful place, Lola. I love the name too. It speaks of peace and tranquility amongst the wonders of nature.

What a lovely way to spend an afternoon, LolaWi- especially after the week you had! (T.G.I.F) 🙂 Deep breathing!

5. megtraveling says:

What a refreshing and beautiful walk – the flowers are lovely!

Awesome shots lolaWi, I love the first picture.

What an amazing set of photos and words to go with them. Beautiful. That sunset is absolutely golden, like the sky was painted gold just for a few minutes. What a sight, and glad you could enjoy it 🙂

So wonderful to see the flowers in such bloom at this time of year. Wonderful colors Lola!

Hi, Wilma. I wish we had a Mallard Lake within walking distance of the flat. We do have lots of parks in Lisbon but none near enough for me to walk to. I look at the neighbouring government office garden to see my greenery

10. Beautiful nature and lovely images 🙂 They showed how wonderful the walk it must be 🙂

What a beautiful walk!

12. atkokosplace says:

Your pictures are so soothing to the soul! What a lovely walk this must have been. Cheers, Koko:)

Lovely photos, Lola, especially the last one. Gorgeous.