purple blooms

“A garden isn’t meant to be useful.  It’s for joy.” –  Rumer Godden

garden 2016

garden 2016

apart from the ivory peonies, purple is now the dominant color in our little garden. the russian sage is simply a knock-out. a pollinator magnet that has a faint scent you have to get close or kneel down to enjoy the fragrant. then there’s the purple clematis whose vines have gone wild showing off huge flowers begging to be photographed. and of course the lovely siberian iris that have grown in numbers providing an elegant charm. last but not least is a beauty in soft purple little flowers happily nestled by the budding hydrangeas.

garden 2016

garden 2016

garden 2016

garden 2016

garden 2016

garden 2016

garden 2016

garden 2016

to God be the glory!

This entry was posted in Nature and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to purple blooms

Beautiful purple flowers all round. Looking good and vibrant, uplifting vibes for summer. Enjoy the nice smell. If I were taking a walk around your garden, wouldn’t bend down and smell them because I have hayfever. Still, I can admire from afar.

thank you Mabel. sorry about your hayfever. allergies are not fun and I hope that yours are controlled especially in the spring when the earth comes alive. 🙂

• Mabel Kwong says:

“in the spring when the earth comes alive.” I love that phrase. What a great way to describe spring and the dawn of a new season 🙂

2. v4vikey says:

Beautiful purple flowers…..

3. Stunning images, Lola. I love all your purple flowers, but the Clematis are really showy. Your garden must bring you so much joy. 🙂

thank you so much, Sylvia! all of our purple blooms are perennials so they come every year without much work. the clematis is a favorite and yes, the garden brings us so much joy! 🙂

So very beautiful! Great captures, Lola. Love the Clematis especially. 🙂

Beautiful. I love the colors!

6. Beautiful flowers, Lola, well captured 🙂 Have a lovely day!

What gorgeous shades of purple Lola! A beautiful garden.

aren’t they lovely? saw some butterflies the other day but i was so in a hurry to take pictures! so glad to share them with you, Sue. thank you 🙂

The irises are my favourites, LolaWi, but I love all the purple. I so agree with the quote too. I often think we should grow some veg but we really just love to admire. 🙂

irises are simply classic and beautiful, Jo! I used to have quite a variety but the bulbs were eaten away by little rascals 😦 glad you like the purple blooms and the quote. hubby has a little patch for veggies! we need the balance 🙂 🙂

9. so beautiful<3 thanks for sharing ❤ I wish you all the best

I love them all, so soothing to my tired eyes. The iris is so eye-catching.

11. ventisqueras says:

è la vita che ci presenta il suo aspetto migliore!
    straordinaria questa scelta di sfumatura fra l’azzurro ed il violetto!
    i miei più vivi complimenti

pretty flowers. LolaWi. 🙂