summer camp and a brief encounter

it is the first day of summer and our grandson is back to school. well, sort of. he’s going to a five-day STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) summer camp that starts at 8:45 am and ends at 2:30 pm. he is not enthusiastic at all but i’m sure he will be fine when he sees that he is joined by his class buddy. he tries to beg off but we told him that it’ll be short and fun.  my fingers are crossed and hope that the program will be exciting for him.

at mallard lake, it is rare that i see an egret so you can imagine my excitement as i hastily aimed for shots. alone and seemed lost, this long-legged beauty did not linger.  soon it flew away.  so glad to have taken some pictures before it was gone.

mallard lake 2016

mallard lake 2016

egret1

This entry was posted in Family, Nature and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to summer camp and a brief encounter

Fingers crossed for your Grandson. I imagine once he gets busy there he will love it. Lovely photos Lola! It must have been wonderful to see the bird in flight!

2. Beautiful egret captures, Lola. I’m sure your grandson will really enjoy the camp. Our son used to absolutely love going on such adventures. The first time is always quite an adjustment, so don’t worry. 🙂

thank you Sylvia! you are right! our grandson seemed to have enjoyed the first day! he’s now looking forward to be with his buddy again tomorrow. 🙂 🙂

I love the long neck on the bird. So beautiful.

Our son never had much enthusiasm for out of school activities, but it sounds like your grandson is enjoying it from the comments. Smiles all round 🙂 🙂

5. ventisqueras says:

in bocca al lupo per il tuo nipotino, cara!
    spero che dispieghi le sue ali in volo come il bellissimo viaggiatore del cielo!

6. beetleypete says:

We get egrets over at Beetley Meadows all the time. I just never seem to have my camera when I see them! Nice shots, Lola.
    Best wishes, Pete.