onion domes

the church of our savior on spilled blood in st. petersburg, russia

i stood in front of this onion-domed church, looked up to this unique astounding structure laden with history and was mesmerized by its beauty.  it simply took my breath away.

happy friday!

st. Petersburg, russia

st. Petersburg, russia

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to onion domes

1. Mel & Suan says:

This one we missed because there was some events those days we were in St Petersburg!

2. beetleypete says:

I first saw that church in the 1970s, when the city was still called Leningrad, and the country was the Soviet Union. The whole of the ‘old’ city is a marvel to behold, with the Peter and Paul Fortress, The Winter Palace, and the Venice-like canals. I have been back again, but not since the late 1980s.
    Best wishes, Pete.

3. Jet Eliot says:

Astounding architecture, Lola! I have never been to St. Petersburg, and I would love to visit there. Meanwhile, I really enjoyed this photo, thank you.

Oh my Lola it is astounding! What an experience it must have been.

Beautiful church. As Sue said, it must have been an experience. One you’d never forget. Lovely pose 😊

it is absolutely beautiful, Lola!

7. prior.. says:

What a beautiful structure and nice pose!

Wow, great capture, Lola! Much better than the one I took. 🙂

Such a fantastical style of architecture, LolaWi! 🙂 And you look great!

10. Beautiful Church! You look so happy that makes me smile when seeing this image 🙂 Wishing you a lovely week!

Wow you sure have travelled, Wilma. Great picture too. I’ve never been to St Petersburg.

12. Such a beautiful structure, Lola. 🙂

What a lovely place. Fascinating facade of the Church too.

14. ventisqueras says:

quei colori così sgargianti sono ancora nei miei occhi. La città è splendida